ECNP Workshop for Early Career Scientists in Europe
7-10 March 2019, Nice, France
The three-day workshop is a great opportunity for early career scientists in Europe to come together with research leaders to discuss the latest advances and perspectives on specific topics.
Aim of the workshop
To stimulate high-quality experimental and clinical research in mental disorders and their treatments by promoting and encouraging the development of early career scientists seeking to pursue research careers in neuropsychopharmacology.
Every year, the workshop focuses on three recurring topics and one variable topic.
The three recurring topics are:
• Molecular and cellular: New findings in molecular and cellular mechanisms related to the causes, characteristics and control of psychiatric and/or neurological disorders. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• Behavioural and systems: Novel insights into behaviour and the neurobiological mechanisms and neural circuits underlying its induction, control and coordination. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• Clinical neuroscience: Recent findings in the field of clinical neuroscience.
The variable topic of 2019:
• Preventative intervention in brain disorders: Neurobiological principles and clinical findings related to early biomarkers and early treatment strategies for brain disorders. Both animal and human studies are considered.
• A platform for 100 early career scientists to meet inspiring speakers and experts in the field and present their research poster in the beautiful city of Nice
• An invitation to 20 participants (five within each topic) to give a short presentation on their research
• An opportunity for eight participants to speak at the New findings symposium in the ECNP Congress 2019
• A chance to get their abstracts published in a supplement to the journal European Neuropsychopharmacology
• Free registration
• Hotel accommodation in a shared room
• Travel subsidy to participants from countries with a developing economy
Participants of ECNP workshop 2018
How to attend the worshop?
You may apply for the workshop by submitting an abstract. All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by a scientific review committee. Applicants with selected abstracts may attend the workshop.
Who can submit an abstract?
Are you an early career scientist in Europe eager to pursue a research career and interested in getting a better understanding of the above-mentioned topics?
If yes, then submit an abstract for poster presentation.
The deadline for abstract submission is 17 October 2018, 17.00 CET - Central European Time.
Read more on review and publication of abstracts...
View the complete programme here.
We hope you make use of this ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ opportunity!
What previous participants say:
|“The ECNP Workshop was an intensive three day thought provoking and intellectually stimulating event in the lavish district of Masséna, Nice. Only junior scientists from various academic institutions across Europe were invited, constructing a highly welcoming platform to gain perspective on their research in the broader context of the neuropsychopharmacology field. The workshop encouraged all delegates to identify and connect with camaraderies beyond your institution, promoting cross-fertilization of research ideas and planting seeds for future collaborations.”
Amy Kao - University of Oxford, United Kingdom
“The ECNP Workshop offers a well-balanced program of state-of-the-art keynote lectures, presentations by emerging young scientists and informal scientific exchange. I really appreciated the opportunity to liaise with leading experts from my field to talk about future research paths and career development.”
Michael Stäblein - University Hospital Frankfurt, Germany
For highlights of the 2018 ECNP Workshop visit our history page….