ECNP Research Internship (ERI)
The ECNP Research Internship (ERI) is an initiative of ECNP and its Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP), it aims to provide short-term research internship opportunities for early career scientists, across the spectrum of applied and translational neuroscience.
For the 2020-2021 ERI round fifteen research internships will be supported.
Application is now open!
A selected group of senior researchers will offer a short two-week exploratory experience in their institutions.
The hosting mentor teaches the intern a basic translational research method which should be implemented at home upon return. The host is encouraged to establish a long term relationship with the intern.
ECNP will fund up to 1,000 EUR to the early career scientist for the entire internship period to cover the travel and accommodation expenses.
How to apply
Are you interested in participating in the next ECNP Research Internship round? Please fill in the online application form. The deadline is on 19 February 2020 (you can still submit your application on this day).
- It is not possible to apply for an internship if you have already participated in the programme during previous rounds.
- The ECNP Research Internship is only meant for researchers that fit the ECNP early career scientist criteria.
- Upon application you will be requested to insert your motivation, including a short summary on what you would like to do in the two-week period, and if your project can be continued when back home.
- Upon application you will be requested to upload a copy of your passport/identity card and a signed letter from your institute to confirm that you meet the ECNP Early career scientist criteria.
- The internship is especially intended for early career scientists who do not have this opportunity in their own organisation or country.
- The initiative aims to provide opportunities for early career scientists, across the spectrum of applied and translational neuroscience: translational internships are therefore valued positively.
All applications will be reviewed by the ECNP Educational Committee. Applicants will be informed of the review outcome before 1 June 2020.
Below you will find a list of senior researchers who will host the internship and also a description of the internship offered. You can read the description by clicking on the names of the individual researchers.
- Celso Arango, Spain
- David Baldwin, United Kingdom
- Damiaan Denys, The Netherlands
- Filippo Drago, Italy
- Naomi Fineberg, United Kingdom
- Jaanus Harro, Estonia
- Cyril Höschl, Czech Republic
- Martien Kas, The Netherlands
- Gitte Moos Knudsen, Denmark
- Kim Kuypers, The Netherlands
- Stefan Leucht, Germany
- Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg, Germany
- Luisa Minghetti, Italy
- David Nutt, United Kingdom
- Andreas Reif, Germany
- David Slattery, Germany
- Dan Stein, South Africa
- Eduard Vieta, Spain
- Gil Zalsman, Israel
Previous internship experiences